Experienced Botanist / Ecologist – EcoLogical, Wollongong
About the role:
With the continued success of our Wollongong office we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced botanist/ecologist to join our talented team. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the south coast of NSW and more regionally and assist in delivering innovative environmental assessment, management and conservation planning solutions to our clients.
The role will involve flora and fauna surveys and assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
You will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by leading industry experts and travel to various locations in Australia to gain experience in a variety of projects and to help our teams in those regions!
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, botany, field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Ecology / Botany or related discipline
• Prior ecological consulting experience (5 years as a guide, ideally in NSW)
• Proven knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Strong flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental impact assessments (planning approvals), monitoring and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Current driver’s licence (manual 4WDs used).
It is also desirable that candidates have:
• BAM accreditation or enough experience to quickly become accredited.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including: flexible working arrangements, study assistance, professional development paid birthday leave, loads of health and wellbeing initiatives and an opportunity to salary sacrifice to purchase additional leave or make extra contributions into superannuation.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application to Donna Barlow, HR Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information about the position please contact Ian Dixon, Wollongong Office Manager, on 02 4201 2208.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 21 September 2020