Due to continued growth in the ecology business, we are seeking to appoint a highly experienced Ecologist to join our Sydney team, reporting to the Section Leader. You will provide technical inputs/leadership and work with team members and the section leader to support large and small biodiversity projects for a range of clients across the roads, rail, water, power and energy sectors
The purpose of this role is to support our team with undertaking ecological surveys and reporting, as well as providing ecological advice to Jacobs Project Managers and clients, support the Jacobs ecologists in the winning of work, assist with project execution management and delivery and undertake a variety of specialist roles relating to project delivery, based on relevant experience.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
-Providing technical input for the ecology component of multi-disciplinary projects across Australia
-In conjunction with managers assume accountability for project outcomes including client service and satisfaction, budget —management, quality management and on-the-job staff development and training.
-Undertaking ecological investigations including field work, analysis and interpretation of data, and preparation of reports. Types of input will relate to vegetation, flora and fauna surveys, threatened species assessment and Biodiversity Assessment Method
-Developing and diversifying ecological skills through project experience and training
-Assisting with writing proposals for land ecological and broader environmental investigations
-Development and marketing of the ecology and broader environment business including building internal and external client relationships and networks
-Project management of small projects
-Supporting and motivating other team members to achieve “best for project” outcomes
-Assisting to maintain Jacobs’ reputation as a key service provider for relationship clients (at a project level), where applicable
You will be an experienced ecologist working in either terrestrial or acquatic environments with a strong desire to “get the job done” professionally, cost effectively and within deadlines. Key requirements for the role include:
– Tertiary qualification in Ecology or Environmental Science related discipline, ideally with honours
– Understand and comply with environmental science and management legislative requirements and industry practices
– Demonstrable experience with the implementation of effective project management of ecology related projects
– Extensive experience in working as an ecologist in a consulting firm, preferably having worked on major infrastructure projects
– Field survey experience – planning, mobilising and managing
– Driver’s license essential, 4wd experience and accreditation preferable
– Some experience in GIS, field mapping and developing and managing spatial datasets
– BAM Accreditation and botany skills would be favourably looked upon
– Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
– The ability to work independently and in a team to learn from another perspective
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.