UBM Ecological Consultants, Kurrajong Heights
UBM is a small ecological consultancy in Sydney.
Due recent staff changes, we are seeking to appoint an experienced ecologist to work from our Kurrajong Heights office, and to carry out field-based surveys in the Sydney Region and Blue Mountains.
The successful applicant will be responsible for work on a wide variety of projects for clients in the private and public sectors. This work will include project planning, including web-based desktop survey and research; on-ground fauna and/or flora field surveys, data analysis and report writing. The successful applicant will be a ‘self starter’, with the ability to seek out relevant data and other information required for effective survey and reporting. Attention to detail is critical.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- A minimum of one (1) year professional experience in field-based survey techniques and conservation assessment (Sydney Basin knowledge essential);
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Biology or Ecological Science, specialising in either zoology and/or botany;
- Accreditation in use of the Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) or willingness to complete the course;
- Good working knowledge of the environmental legislation, including recent changes;
- Good research skills: fluency in using web-based databases and other information sources;
- Good organisational and writing skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a small team;
- Experience in the use of GIS (ArcView) would be an advantage;
- Current Class C drivers’ licence.
Although the advertised position is for a full-time worker, a part time commitment would be considered for the right applicant. There will a trial period of one (1) month prior to any permanent appointment being made. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. A start early in the new year is anticipated.
Applications must be in written form and must address each of the selection criteria listed above. Telephone contact prior to application is a requirement.
Closing date 15 February 2019
Enquiries to Judith Rawling Managing Director, UBM Ecological Consultants: email Jrawling@urbanbushland.com.au . Telephone (02) 4567 7979 / 0414 886 219.