Mid-Senior Level Botanist
AMBS Ecology & Heritage Pty Ltd
Location: Sydney, NSW
Due to an expanding workload, AMBS Ecology & Heritage is seeking a mid to senior level botanist.
We are looking for applicants with:
- tertiary qualifications in ecology, natural resource management or related discipline;
- at least 5-10 years’ experience in botanical/ecological work;
- strong plant identification skills;
- ability to assign Plant Community Types or equivalent classification systems to vegetation assemblages;
- willingness and ability to undertake fieldwork in remote and regional areas, including outside normal hours, over weekends, and in adverse weather conditions;
- strong understanding of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation;
- well-developed report writing skills;
- ability to independently manage projects and to manage work on simultaneous projects to ensure delivery on time and within budget;
- ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- ability to deal with a range of clients, colleagues and regulatory authorities with professionalism and integrity;
- current driver’s licence.
Criteria that are not essential, but will be well-regarded, include experience in the ecological consulting industry, BAM accreditation or willingness to obtain it, experience with GIS applications and data analysis and/or experience in a related field such as bush regeneration.
AMBS staff enjoy a flexible work environment, support for professional development, competitive remuneration, a combination of field and office-based work and a terrific team of people. If you are an experienced ecologist who would prefer to work with a small team of enthusiastic people, this job is for you.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you wish to apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include:
A full curricula vitae, including referees
A statement briefly addressing each of the key criteria.
Enquiries about the position can be made to the same address or by calling 02 9518 4489. All applications and enquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Applications close: 30 April 2019