SENIOR LEVEL ECOLOGIST – Thirroul preferred or other locations considered by negotiation
Permanent full-time preferred
In this position, you will join an established senior leadership team and take an important role in sourcing and managing strategic and innovative projects, working with and learning from highly experienced and respected staff, and mentoring the next generation of ecologists. In return, Ecoplanning will offer a supportive environment of industry leaders, recognised experts and likeminded peers to accelerate the next period of your career growth.
• A degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related discipline
• Considerable experience managing projects, budgets, teams and the expectations of clients and stakeholders
• Ability to travel and work in remote locations
• Ability to prepare fee proposals
• Ability to design, plan and conduct comprehensive ecological field surveys, including surveys in remote locations
• Detailed understanding of State and Commonwealth legislation as it applies to biodiversity impact assessment and offsetting
• Ability to self-motivate and to deliver outcomes with competing priorities
• A willingness and capacity to work within a team environment and a positive and collaborative company culture to contribute to the professional development and growth of all staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
• A current driver licence (C Class)
• Alignment with the company values of respect, integrity, commitment, personal growth and team
• Honours or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
• A work history that closely aligns with the products and services offered by Ecoplanning
• Practical knowledge of Biodiversity Offsetting at State and Commonwealth level
• BAM accredited
• Strengths in botanical survey
• ArcGIS competent
• Other relevant training, such as Provide First Aid, White Card, 4WD training, etc.
How to apply
If you have the skills, experience and passion to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
To submit an application, please send a letter responding to the selection criteria, an outline of your claim for the position and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Senior level Ecologist” in the subject line. Applications close 16 July 2021.
For more information about Ecoplanning or this position, please contact Bruce Mullins (0497 888 225), Lucas McKinnon (0421 603 549) or Ed Cooper (0410 765 736).