ARCADIS – Mid/Senior Ecologist
Opportunity to work with globally respected infrastructure and advisory teams
- Flexible work options
- Sydney based position
What are we looking for?
Off the back of some major projects wins and a growing pipeline of work we have a new opportunity for an Senior Ecologist to join our environmental division in Sydney. This role is to support the delivery of Biodiversity Assessments for infrastructure projects across South-Eastern Australia. The role will include:
- Preparation of technical biodiversity reports including Biodiversity Assessments, Offset Strategies and Management Plans
- Carrying out field survey design and implementation, proposal preparation and project management;
- Maintaining ongoing communication with discipline leaders and clients when required, to ensure effective communication on matters relevant to projects; and
- Building a reputation with clients and peers of leading-edge and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour, keeping up-to-date industry developments and innovations.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, ecology, biology or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental consulting or a related field
- Strong capability in biodiversity field assessment, with skills in plant identification and vegetation assessment desirable
- Willingness to undertake occasional regional and interstate travel for fieldwork
- Understanding of Commonwealth and NSW biodiversity legislation and assessment requirements
- Demonstrated experience in ecological impact assessment
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Biobanking accreditation is preferred but not essential
- Experience in ArcGIS mapping is preferred but not essential
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply: www.arcadis.com/applynow