BIODIVERSITY OFFICER OR SENIOR BIODIVERSITY OFFICER (ECOLOGIST)
Norwest Business Park Location
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic team orientated individual to join our Environment and Health team who will provide expert advice on biodiversity/ecology matters to inform development assessment and strategic direction for policy and planning.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Biodiversity Officer or Senior Biodiversity Officer who will be required to provide technical advice to internal and external customers consistent with current legislation and act as Council’s expert in Court in ecology. The candidate will carry out ecological field assessments; prepare standards, codes and fact sheets.
This role works within the Development and Compliance Group. The candidate will share our organisations commitment to providing value to our customers, approaching tasks enthusiastically and working collaboratively with their team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management, or similar
- (Senior) Accreditation as a Biodiversity Assessment Method Assessor
- Experience in ecological survey techniques, including plant and vegetation community identification and various fauna survey methods
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act, Biodiversity Conservation Act and Planning for Bushfire Protection Guidelines
- Experience in dealing with customers with an ability to deal with and solve protracted enquiries
- GIS skills
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Driver Licence
This is a permanent full-time role – Position No. S0836
Salary Range – Officer: $78,479 – $83,685pa OR Senior Officer: $93,099 – $97,701pa + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle
Please submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm THURSDAY 21ST MARCH 2019. The Position Description (which contains the Selection Criteria to be addressed in your Covering Letter under the ‘Outputs’ section) can also be downloaded from our website.
Preferred candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening and psychometric assessment.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
Applications Close: 21 Mar 2019