AMBS Ecology & Heritage Pty Ltd is seeking a botanist to join our small but growing team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral part of a supportive team of highly-skilled professionals with many years of experience. You will be working on a range of projects including biodiversity surveys, biodiversity monitoring, ecological impact assessments, flora and fauna management plans, and the like. AMBS offers a positive work environment, flexible working arrangements, and the opportunity to develop your existing skills and role in the company.
The role will involve both field and office work and will require periods of time in the field. Specific tasks will include flora surveys, plant identification, vegetation mapping, data collection (including habitat and BioBanking data), providing advice on vegetation management and impact mitigation measures, and preparation of technical reports. The role will also involve preparing fee proposals and tenders, as well as a variety of tasks associated with project and client management.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with:
• a degree in ecology, biological science or a related discipline;
• at least 5 years’ experience in botanical field survey;
• strong plant identification skills;
• the ability to classify vegetation types;
• the ability to assess vegetation condition;
• experience in preparation of impact assessments and management plans;
• a good understanding of relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation;
• a strong work ethic and experience in a commercial consulting environment;
• ability to manage work on simultaneous projects;
• ability to work to deadlines;
• ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time;
• ability to use electronic devices such as GPS, smartphone, and typical computer software;
• a driver’s licence.
Experience in statistical analysis to determine vegetation types and interpret monitoring data are not essential, but will be highly regarded, as will experience with the use of GIS software and off-road 4WD experience.
If you are interested in working with a small group of dedicated ecologists, please email an application including a CV and brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries about the position, please contact Glenn Muir or Belinda Pellow on 02 9518 4489. All applications and enquiries will be confidential.
Applications close: 5 March, 2017.