BOTANIST / BIOBANKER – Sydney or Wollongong, NSW
• Full time, ongoing role
• Location negotiable
• Flexible working conditions
Niche is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic botanist who is preferably an accredited BioBanking Assessor to join our team on a full time, ongoing basis. The successful candidate will work with our highly experienced Ecology and Environmental Offsetting teams in NSW, and can choose to work from either our Parramatta or Wollongong offices, with the opportunity to regularly work from home.
Key attributes we are seeking from candidates include:
• Tertiary qualification, preferably a degree in botany or science, with specialisation in Australian flora
• A minimum of 5 years practical experience undertaking field-based botanical surveys, preferably in a consulting capacity
• Professional focus and demonstrated experience with ecological management, including BioBanking assessments
• Accredited BioBanking Assessor (highly desirable)
• Experience undertaking botanical/ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW
• Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies, including BioBanking
• Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments and vegetation management plans
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team of professionals
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
• Excellent communication skills, including technical report writing
• The ability to establish and maintain a core customer base through strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service
• Competence with technology including experience with using: GPS and DGPS; tablet and laptop computers; smart-phones; digital cameras; and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
• A full current driver’s licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
Salary and employee benefits
An attractive salary package will be offered commensurate with level of experience. As a permanent employee of Niche you will also be eligible to participate in our mentoring program and annual company retreat, and for flexible working arrangements including working from home or office.
A full position description is available at www.niche-eh.com
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing any particular experience you see relevant to the position to email@example.com by close of business Monday 20 March 2017.
Please note: You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role. Unsolicited applications via recruitment agencies will not be considered.