Botanist or Ecologist
Location:Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
An opportunity exists for a Botanist or Ecologist to work alongside well-recognised professionals.
- Vibrant team culture
- Make a difference
- Diverse project opportunities
About the role:
We are seeking a Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career in ecological consulting. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience as an ecological consultant, would enjoy dealing with clients and managing projects, and would have vegetation survey and mapping skills. The successful applicant will be focused on delivering high quality project outcomes.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Botanist or Ecologist who has:
- Sound technical ecological and project management skills including experience delivering ecological assessment and management projects in NSW
- Demonstrated experience in planning and undertaking ecological surveys, particularly flora survey and assessment and vegetation mapping
- A degree/post graduate qualification in environmental science, botany, science (or similar)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including clients and government agencies
- Highly motivated, self-directed and strong team commitment.
Previous experience in collection of biometric data, its interrogation, entry into relevant calculators and interpretation of results as required under the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) and/or BioBanking methodology (OEH 2014) would be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Ecological professional looking to continue to develop their leadership skills and experience
- A role working alongside well-recognised professionals and have the opportunity to mentor high quality mid and junior staff members
- A strong forward work load across a range of sectors and the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and technically challenging projects
- An attractive remuneration package.
To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria, apply by emailing email@example.com with your Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Bianca Lockett on 02-4950 5322.
Applications close 6 March 2018, however, we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.