We have an exciting Botanist position available for someone with strong flora identification skills to join our growing team.
We’re flexible on location
• Parramatta, Wollongong or discuss being work from home based with us (flexible work arrangements are currently in place with covid-19).
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, or another relevant discipline.
• Practical experience with 5-6 years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
• Flora Identification and extensive experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW.
Skills and knowledge, you’ll bring to our projects:
• An existing BAM accreditation is an advantage. Alternatively, the desire and capacity to become BAM accredited based on your existing experience will also be an advantage.
• Experience in preparing ecological reports such as BSSAR’s, BDAR’s and experience with TFD calculations, ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans.
• Solid working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
• Readiness to complete field work as required.
• Strong communication skills, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to work
You’ll be prepared to:
• Travel where the work is.
• Work in a and with a long established and highly supportive ecology team.
• Collaborate closely with senior employees.
• Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
• Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
• Anniversary awards scheme.
• Generous employee referral program.
• Professional learning and development.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Mentoring program.
• Annual employee retreat.
• Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture.
• An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
How to apply:
A detailed position description is available at https://niche-eh.com/careers/
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 17th November 2020. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.