Job Vacancy – Botanist
- Attractive and competitive salary package
- Central West NSW location
- Progressive environmental management business
OzArk Environment & Heritage are seeking applicants for a Botanist to join our dynamic and friendly team in our rapidly expanding ecology department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a fulfilling career with a progressive Dubbo-based environmental management business that can provide you with the additional benefit of enjoying a country lifestyle and better work–life balance while living in a thriving regional city. This position is based in Dubbo however there is potential to negotiate a flexible living arrangement for the right candidate.
Core tasks will include a range of biodiversity impact assessments, preparation of reviews of environmental factors and biodiversity management plans. Our project sectors include public infrastructure, mining and extractive industries, rural land development, as well as some research and conservation projects.
What we can offer:
- The satisfaction of having full involvement in projects from inception to report delivery
- On-site training where required
- A friendly and flexible working environment with a strong collaborative and ethical base, and great workplace values.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- A degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or related discipline with good academic results
- NSW BAM assessor accreditation or willingness and competency to obtain
- Knowledge and experience in the application of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Strong flora knowledge and identification skills
- A current Driver’s License (manual licence) and the ability to drive for long distances
- Practical experience in field based ecological work
- The ability to spend time in the field, sometimes in remote locations, and work flexible hours to meet deadlines
- The ability to deal with multiple priorities and manage projects including scheduling, prioritising and delivering on-time and on-budget, and face to face client consultation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Ability to present clearly and communicate your findings in a Biodiversity Assessment Report or equivalent
- Be eligible for membership of a relevant professional association.
Desirable skills / abilities include
- Experience in all standard Microsoft Office computer programs and industry specific programs including GIS
- Fauna knowledge and identification skills and animal handling experience or training
- 4WD driving skills
- Construction Induction (White Card)
- First Aid certification.
C/- Sheridan Baker
OzArk Environment & Heritage
PO Box 2069, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 02 6882 0118
Applications close 9am Monday 29 March 2021