AMBS Ecology & Heritage Pty Ltd
AMBS is seeking experienced contractors who can identify plants and the PCTs they belong to. We are interested in developing relationships with botanists who can assist our in-house team during peak periods. The role would suit people who are self-employed or have their own small business and who undertake contract work in the field of botany. The work would typically involve short-term contracts at either a fixed fee or daily rate.
AMBS is a highly regarded and independent business providing services in ecology, Aboriginal heritage and historic heritage. Our ecological work includes flora and fauna surveys, vegetation mapping, flora, fauna and habitat monitoring, ecological impact assessments, Biodiversity Assessment Methodology (BAM) reports, and preparation and implementation of flora and fauna management plans.
Our work is undertaken across NSW in a variety of landscapes. We service a range of industries including environmental agencies, mining, construction, biodiversity management, and State and local government.
We are looking for contractors with:
- their own ABN, Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- at least 7 years’ experience in roles utilising botanical skills;
- excellent plant identification skills;
- ability to assign Plant Community Types or equivalent classification systems to vegetation assemblages;
- ability to deal with a range of clients, colleagues and regulatory authorities with professionalism and integrity;
- willingness to work in remote and regional areas, including outside normal hours, over weekends, and in adverse weather conditions;
- ability to use technology such as GPS, smart-phones, digital cameras, i-pads and laptop computers;
- commitment to meticulous recording of field data;
- strong understanding of, and commitment to, WH&S in the field;
- current driver’s licence.
Skills and attributes that will be well-regarded are BAM accreditation and experience with GIS applications and/or data analysis for the purposes of vegetation classification and mapping.
Please email your CV or Capability Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 26 September, 2021.