With the continued success and expansion, we are looking for an enthusiastic Ecologist to join our talented team based in either Sydney, Sutherland, or Austinmer. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the Sydney Metropolitan Area and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients. The role will involve flora and fauna assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
• At least five years’ ecological consulting experience (preferably in NSW)
• Working knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Strong fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Current driver’s licence
It is also desirable that you have:
• BAM assessor accreditation
• Proficiency with GIS software
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, opportunity to purchase additional leave or salary sacrifice into super, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application (including a cover letter addressing the above criteria) to Donna Barlow, HR Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business Wednesday 4 March 2020.
For further information about the position, please contact Beth Medway, Regional Manager Sydney, on 02 8536 8612.