Our Newcastle office is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join our talented team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across northern and western NSW and assist in delivering innovative biodiversity management and conservation planning solutions to our clients.
The role will involve flora and fauna surveys, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We work on a variety of interesting and engaging projects across a range of sectors including Government, renewable energy, mining, urban development and infrastructure. Importantly, we seek to get the best outcomes for the environment and the project and work on many opportunities not available to most consultancies.
We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for biodiversity management, field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
• Five to ten years+ ecological consulting experience
• BAM assessor accreditation
• Working knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Exceptional fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork on large scale projects
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and GIS software
• Current driver’s licence.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, opportunity to purchase additional leave or salary sacrifice into super, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
How to apply:
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application (including a cover letter addressing the above criteria) to Donna Barlow, HR Coordinator, via email email@example.com before close of business Thursday 12 March 2020.
For further information about the position please contact Sophie Powrie, Newcastle Office Manager, on 02 4910 3410.