Arup are seeking an ecologist to manage and input into Environmental assessment and reporting on a range of environmental projects in support of a wider team as the Project Ecologist or Environmental Consultant.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have a recognised tertiary qualification in Ecology, Botany, Zoology, Conservation Biology or similar.
• Hold 4-8 years relevant industry experience in a consulting, private industry or a government environment.
• Ability to use GIS to collect, analyse, interpret and communicate ecological data.
• Be an accredited Assessor under the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) or ability to acquire accreditation is highly desirable.
• Have the ability to work independently on ecological tasks and activities.
• Have experience in planning and implementing ecological fieldwork for general and targeted surveys.
• Have a strong understanding of New South Wales and Australian legislation and applicability to environmental and ecological reporting.
• Demonstrates developing skills in management and/or a design/technical or professional specialisation.
About the role
The projects you will support will include large infrastructure projects and smaller projects in a diverse range of sectors including energy, local and state government and water. The role is based in NSW and will be part of a regional team and will require some interstate travel. Experience in ACT, Victoria or QLD viewed favourably.
In this role you will:
• Work closely with and be an integral part of the regional ecology team.
• Input into and at times lead ecological and general environmental impact assessment and management projects and willing to be challenged by exposure to fields outside personal expertise to support the team.
• be expected to work under minimal supervision within a defined area of responsibility. This may include being responsible for delivery of ecological/environmental reporting as part of a larger project.
• be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of your own work. You may also be responsible for assisting others through providing guidance, training and feedback.
• Recognise best practices and actively promotes their wider use throughout the team or group.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.