Eco Logical, Newcastle are looking for an enthusiastic Ecologist to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the Hunter and Central Coast, and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients. The role will involve flora and fauna assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment. We’re seeking enthusiastic candidates with practical field experience. We will tailor our employment package to your level of experience if you are the right fit.
To be successful, ideally you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
• Two to five years’+ ecological consulting experience (preferably in NSW)
• Working knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Strong fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Current driver’s license.
It is also desirable that candidates have:
• Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) accreditation
• Demonstrated proficiency with the ArcGIS suite of software
• Project management experience
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
How to apply:
Please forward your application (cover letter, short CV, response to selection criteria) to Bec South, HR Coordinator, via email email@example.com before close of business Friday 23 November 2018.
Your email should reference “Ecologist – Newcastle” in the subject line.
For further information about the position, please contact Sophie Powrie (Newcastle Office Manager) on 02 4910 3410 or Martin Sullivan (National Ecology Discipline Lead) on 02 4910 3405.