Ecologist – Permanent
Are you a passionate ecologist looking for a way to make a positive contribution towards a sustainable future?
About the role:
We are looking for a qualified and highly motivated ecologist to join our team in Coffs Harbour. The role is permanent with negotiable work hours (optional part time or full time).
The ecologist role is diverse and will comprise undertaking ecological desktop assessments, field investigations (survey/monitoring) in all terrestrial ecosystems (potentially working in regional areas for prolonged periods), high level reporting and provision of specialist ecologist advice to identify environmental constraints and opportunities across a variety of projects such as for development applications, REFs, EISs, various management and monitoring plans. The ecologist will work within (and lead) multi-disciplinary teams in management and delivery of projects, and use their exceptional communication skills to develop contacts and networks to assist marketing and development of business.
We can offer you:
- Flexible work design to support work/life balance
- An interesting and challenging role
- Opportunity to work with a friendly team of experienced and dedicated environmental professionals
- Great professional development
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with your experience
Ideally you will have:
- Five (5) years of experience in environmental/ecological consulting. Experience in local or state government roles with similar duties will be considered on merit.
- Ability to write clear, concise and scientifically accurate reports.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the delivery of ecological field surveys and statutory assessments for flora and fauna (NSW North Coast and Mid North Coast region flora/fauna knowledge is desirable).
- Extensive experience in interpreting and applying relevant environmental legislation (NSW and Commonwealth as a minimum).
- High level fauna and botanical skills i.e. identification, vegetation community mapping, biometrics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate GIS skills (preferably ArcGIS) for map production/spatial analysis.
- Project management experience including resource planning, tendering, financial budgets.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Confidence and self-discipline to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be available to travel away from home for extended periods of time.
- Current Driver Licence.
- BAM Accreditation (desirable).
How to apply:
If you are an Australian resident and are seeking to work in an ethical and environmentally conscious company with a friendly team who love their job, we want to hear from you!
To apply for the ecologist position, please send an application with your resume, addressing the criteria, to Maree Walo, HR and Business Coordinator via email email@example.com or online http://www.geolink.net.au/join us. Closing date for applications is COB Sunday, 6 May 2018
A position description can be viewed on our website http://www.geolink.net.au/join us. For further information, please contact Maree Walo, Human Resources Coordinator on 02 6687 7666.