Niche Environment and Heritage is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ecologist who preferably has an interest in Biodiversity Assessment Methodology. We are seeking someone with a minimum of 3 year’s experience in the environmental consulting industry. Ideally you will have a professional focus and demonstrated experience with ecological management.
Requirements to be successful:
• Tertiary qualification, preferably a degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline
• A minimum of 3 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity
• Keen to become an accredited BAM assessor
• Experience in application of NSW biodiversity planning framework
• Experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW
• Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies
• Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
• Excellent communication skills, including technical report writing
• Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain a core customer base
• Proficient experience with using; GPS and DGPS, tablet and laptop computers, smart-phones, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
• Ability to work outdoors in field locations is essential and a willingness to travel
• A full current driver’s licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
• NSW White Card (CIC) and Senior First Aid certificate (desirable)
• Mentoring program
• Mobile phone & laptop
• Corporate credit card
• Annual employee retreat
• Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
• Ongoing professional development
• An attractive salary and allowances will be offered commensurate with your level of experience
A detailed position description is available at www.niche-eh.com
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the apply now button (on the niche website) by close of business Friday 1st March 2019.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.