UBM Ecological Consultants, Kurrajong Heights
An enthusiastic all-rounder is required for our busy ecological consultancy. Essential requirements are listed in the full job description.
UBM is a small ecological consultancy with over 30 years’ experience in Sydney and NSW. Due recent staff changes, we are seeking to appoint an experienced ecologist to work from our Kurrajong Heights office.
As an integral part of a small professional team, duties will include participation in project planning, web-based surveys and research, mapping and data analysis, with assistance with flora and fauna field surveys. The successful applicant will be a ‘self-starter’, with the ability to seek out relevant data and other information required for effective survey and reporting
- A minimum of one (1) year professional experience in field-based survey techniques and conservation assessment (Sydney Basin knowledge essential);
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Biology or Ecological Science, specialising in either zoology and/or botany;
- Fluency in the use of GIS (ArcMap) for producing and performing site and locality-specific spatial data analysis and using Sequential Query Language (SQL);
- Accreditation or experience in the use of the Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM);
- Good working knowledge of the State and Commonwealth environmental legislation, including recent changes;
- Good organisational and writing skills: attention to detail is critical;
- Ability to work unsupervised and coordinate tasks as part of a small team;
- Current Class C drivers’ licence;
Although the advertised position is for a full-time worker, a part time commitment would be considered for the right applicant. There will a trial period of two (2) months prior to any permanent appointment being made. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. A start early in June 2019 is anticipated.
Applications must be in written form and must address each of the selection criteria listed above. Telephone contact prior to application is a requirement.
Closing date 7 June 2019
Enquiries to Judith Rawling Managing Director, UBM Ecological Consultants: email Jrawling@urbanbushland.com.au . Telephone (02) 4567 7979 / 0414 886 219.