- Attractive and competitive salary package
- Central West NSW location
- Progressive environmental management business
OzArk Environmental & Heritage Management is seeking to employ an ecologist to join our dynamic and friendly team. This positon is both challenging and rewarding; well-suited for an individual who is a motivated self-starter.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a fulfilling career with a progressive Dubbo-based environmental management business that can provide you with the additional benefit of enjoying a country lifestyle and better work–life balance in a thriving regional city.
In this role you will be collaborating in a small specialised team on a wide range of projects including biodiversity impact assessments, ecological monitoring, reviews of environmental factors, biodiversity management plans, CEMPs and tendering. Our project sectors include public infrastructure, mining and extractive industries, rural land development, as well as some research and conservation projects. Skills or experience in fauna survey and/or animal handling experience or training would be an advantage.
What we can offer:
- The ability to gain skills towards career progression through having full involvement in projects from inception to report delivery;
- On-site training where required; and
- A friendly and flexible working environment with a strong collaborative and ethical base, and great workplace values.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- A degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or related discipline with good academic results;
- A minimum of four years of experience in environmental consulting or the public sector;
- Practical experience in ecological fieldwork and presentation of findings (report writing);
- Sound flora and fauna identification skills;
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and manage projects including scheduling, prioritising and delivering on-time and on-budget, and face to face client consultation;
- Be eligible for membership of a relevant professional association;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of NSW environmental legislation, such as the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016, Environmental Planning and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979,Fisheries Management Act 1994, Biosecurity Act 2015 (NSW) and other government policies/guidelines;
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, especially for field work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A current New South Wales Driver’s License (manual licence) and a desire to travel and explore central and regional NSW;
- High level computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and GIS.
Desirable skills / abilities include
- Fauna survey and/or animal handling experience or training;
- BioBanking accreditation and experience in biodiversity offsetting;
- Experience in all standard Office computer programs and industry specific programs including GIS;
- 4WD driving skills; and
- First Aid certification
C/- Sheridan Baker
OzArk EHM P/L
PO Box 2069, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
or email: email@example.com
Ph: 02 6882 0118
Applications close 5pm 22nd December 2017