Our Newcastle office is looking to appoint an Ecologist to provide support to the environment team. Your role will be to assist field flora, fauna and ecological surveys and reporting for a diverse range of projects. You will assist in the compilation of information on terrestrial ecology, in both coastal and inland environments, for monitoring and impact assessment projects. While not essential, skills in GIS, aquatic ecology, soils or entomology would be viewed favourably.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resources or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in either an environmental consultancy or the public sector including undertaking ecological/ environmental surveys and report production.
• Sound flora and fauna identification skills.
• Sound report writing and computer skills.
• Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills.
This full-time employment opportunity will allow you to continue to develop your knowledge and experience within the environmental field whilst being recognised as a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
RPS offers career progression opportunities as well as paid study leave + professional memberships + active life reimbursement + novated leases + anniversary leave + more.
Interested? Then please complete our online application form today: