Ecologist and/or Senior Ecologist
- Attractive and competitive salary package
- Central West NSW location
- Progressive environmental management business
OzArk Environmental & Heritage Management is seeking to expand the ecology team and seeks applications for the role of Ecologist and/or Senior Ecologist to join our dynamic and friendly team. This position is both challenging and rewarding; well-suited for an individual who is a motivated self-starter, has technical capability and a positive approach to teamwork.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a fulfilling career with a progressive Dubbo-based environmental management business that can provide you with the additional benefit of enjoying a country lifestyle and better work–life balance in a thriving regional city.
Core tasks will include biodiversity impact assessments, flora and fauna surveys, ecological monitoring, reviews of environmental factors, biodiversity management plans, CEMPs and tendering. Our project sectors include public infrastructure, mining and extractive industries, rural land development, as well as some research and conservation projects.
What we can offer:
- The ability to gain skills towards career progression through having full involvement in projects from inception to report delivery
- Professional training where this is essential and related to the consulting services
- A friendly and flexible working environment with a strong collaborative and ethical base, and great workplace values
- A competitive remuneration package appropriate to the position and your level of skill and experience.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- A degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or related discipline with good academic results
- The desire to live in Dubbo and work in diverse areas including the central west and remote NSW
- Practical experience in ecological assessments and report writing, ideally in consulting
- Demonstrated flora and fauna identification skills
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and manage projects including scheduling, prioritising and delivering on-time and on-budget, and face to face client consultation
- Be eligible for membership of a relevant professional association
- Knowledge and experience in the application of NSW and Commonwealth environmental and biodiversity conservation legislation, including how these are integrated into government policies/guidelines
- Be prepared to spend time in the field, sometimes in remote locations and to work flexible hours to accommodate field work and project deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A current New South Wales Driver’s License (manual licence) and be able to drive for long distances
- High level computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, industry specific programs and GIS.
Desirable skills / abilities include:
- A minimum of two years of experience (Ecologist) and 10 years of experience (Senior Ecologist) in environmental consulting or the public sector
- Fauna survey and/or animal handling experience or training
- Experience and/or familiarity in the application of the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) and biodiversity offsetting
- 4WD driving skills
- First Aid certification.
Applications are to be sent to:
C/- Sheridan Baker
OzArk EHM P/L
PO Box 2069, Dubbo, NSW, 2830
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 02 6882 0118
Applications close 5pm 15 March 2018