ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT OFFICER OR SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT OFFICER (BIODIVERSITY)
- Norwest Business Park Location
- Modern Office
An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join our Environment & Health Team.
The Hills Shire Council is customer focused, performance driven and one of the most financially stable councils in NSW. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services and infrastructure to our community.
WHO ARE YOU?
Here at The Hills Shire Council we are looking for someone who has a CAN DO attitude, takes initiative and works collaboratively with their team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You will be required to assess development and subdivision applications with respect to biodiversity under relevant legislation. You will be required to provide advice to customers consistent with legislations and act as Council’s expert in Court (Senior). Prepare standards, codes and fact sheets on Biodiversity. Develop Biodiversity strategies and investigate complaints in accordance with Council Polies, standards and legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management, or similar
- Accreditation as a Biodiversity Assessment Method Assessor (Senior)
- Experience in ecological survey techniques, including plant and vegetation community identification and various fauna survey methods
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act, Biodiversity Conservation Act and Planning for Bushfire Protection Guidelines
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with and ability to solve protracted enquiries
- GIS skills
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Driver Licence
This is a permanent full-time role – Position No. S0935
Salary Range: Environmental Assessment Officer $78,479 – $83,685pa + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle
Salary Range: Senior Environmental Assessment Officer $93,099 – $97,701pa + Superannuation + Council Leaseback Vehicle
To apply, visit Council’s website and submit your on-line application by 5pm on Thursday 23rd November 2018. For further information please refer to the Role Statement.
Council is committed to providing a safe, accessible and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Recruitment Agencies: The Hills Shire Council does recruitment in-house and therefore does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.