Job title: Environmental Consultant (GIS)
Location: Thirroul preferred or other locations considered
Work type: Permanent full-time preferred
Founded in 2014, Ecoplanning is an established environmental consultancy providing services in the fields of ecology, environmental planning, biodiversity offsets, environmental management, impact assessment, and ecological monitoring to public and private sector clients.
Due to our consistent and high-quality service, and expert advice, the demand for our services is increasing, resulting in an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Environmental Consultant (GIS) to join our existing team of more than 20. High quality GIS products, both in terms of data integrity and aesthetics, are fundamental to almost all of our projects and we are seeking a candidate that exemplifies this quality focus.
In this position, you will join an established GIS team and support the ongoing delivery of our existing projects. On these projects, you will provide spatial solutions to our ecologists when conducting fieldwork and reporting as well as taking a lead role on some of our existing GIS specific projects. We embrace innovation and digital solutions and welcome the input of all team members on how we can drive efficiencies and improve our existing mobile capabilities. In return, Ecoplanning will offer a supportive environment of industry leaders, recognised experts and likeminded peers to accelerate the next period of your career growth.
Ecoplanning is an industry leader in the field of biodiversity offsets in NSW. In addition to GIS specific roles, our GIS team also work and manage many of our biodiversity offset related business. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to expand and/or learn from industry leaders about the NSW biodiversity offsets scheme, enabling tangible conservation outcomes on private land across the state.
• A degree in Environmental Science, Spatial Science, IT or related discipline
• Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in using the Esri suite of products for spatial analysis and map production in a work environment
• High attention to detail in map production, spatial data analysis and data management
• Actively develop the technical skills of more junior GIS Analysts
• Ability to work within the budget and time constraints of our projects
• Ability to self-motivate and to deliver outcomes with competing priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness and capacity to work within a team environment and a positive and collaborative company culture to contribute to the professional development and growth of all staff
• Alignment with the company values of respect, integrity, commitment, personal growth and team
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn more about the NSW Biodiversity Offsets Scheme and its practical implementation
• A work history that closely aligns with the products and services offered by Ecoplanning
• Demonstrable experience in driving GIS process efficiencies through innovation such as with programming or the use of mobile technologies, for example ArcCollector and Survey123
• An interest in ecology and a desire to support the ecologists on fieldwork if required
We appreciate and value our staff. We understand that the contributions our people make to the Ecoplanning team, the quality of their relationships with clients and the advice they provide, are integral to maintaining the company’s reputation and creating a healthy working environment.
How to apply
If you have the skills, experience and passion to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
To submit an application, please send a letter responding to the selection criteria, an outline of your claim for the position and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for GIS Consultant” in the subject line.
For more information about Ecoplanning or this position, please contact Bruce Mullins (0497 888 225), Lucas McKinnon (0421 603 549) or Ed Cooper (0410 765 736).