About the role:
Based in the beautiful regional NSW town of Mudgee, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the Central West and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients.
The role will involve flora and fauna surveys and assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
You will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by leading industry experts and travel to various locations in Australia to gain experience in a variety of projects and to help our teams in those regions.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, botany and field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
• Prior ecological consulting experience (5 years as a guide, ideally in NSW)
• Working knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Strong fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Current driver’s licence.
It is also desirable that candidates have:
• Previous experience undertaking botanical surveys
• Demonstrated proficiency with GIS software.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including: flexible working arrangements, study assistance, professional development supported by training budgets, industry association memberships, opportunity to purchase additional leave, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application (including cover letter addressing the above criteria) to Bec South, HR Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business Friday 13 September 2019.
For further information about the position please contact Kalya Abbey, Mudgee Region Manager, on 02 4302 1238.