Field Botanist – 12 month contract (Wangaratta or Albury)
Biosis is looking to appoint a field botanist to join our team in our Wangaratta and/or Albury offices. Working closely with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, you will be expected to become an integral member of the ecology team in Wangaratta and Albury and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout north-east Victoria and southern New South Wales.
Our Wangaratta office is located within walking distance to the CBD. We are a very short walk from the Wangaratta Railway Station. Our Albury office is located within walking distance to the CBD and Albury Railway Station.
Biosis is seeking a field botanist who is early in their career or a recent graduate with some experience in field botany and a passion for learning. Your responsibilities will include participating in projects, field work, and the production of technical reports. Additional duties will include survey design and implementation, proposal writing, sales and establishing a profile in the professional community as a field botanist.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in ecology and/or botany.
- Demonstrated botanical experience and a passion to grow your skills in this area.
- Broad plant identification skills, preferably with experience in Victoria and southern New South Wales.
- Experience with Habitat Hectare methodology (VIC) or the Biodiversity Assessment Method (NSW) would be looked upon favourably.
- Awareness of Commonwealth and state legislation with regard to biodiversity conservation and management.
- Experience with field survey design and implementation.
- Basic experience in sales, client relationship management and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison would be looked upon favourably.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS Word, Excel , Outlook, and/or similar software packages
- A current manual drivers license is a must along with a keen desire to be part of a team of specialist consultants.
- A willingness to undertake field work in remote locations and be away from the office for extended periods.
- Experience with project management, including budgets.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in flora and fauna assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- consultant development program (mentoring program)
- employee reward and recognition program
- flexible work arrangements
- study assistance
- employee assistance program
- social activities
- Internal Job Opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to individuals with a passion for botany and ecology that are looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
For more information, contact Amy Byrne on 0438 191 025. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Amy Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org
A position description is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 19 November 2018
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only