GRADUATE GIS OFFICER – CENTRAL COAST NSW
Travers bushfire & ecology, a specialist environmental consultancy based at Kariong on the NSW Central Coast is seeking a graduate GIS Officer to work with our existing mapping team to prepare highly accurate mapping to support our ecological and bushfire teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate, or a student who is soon to graduate, who has undertaken training in geographic information systems (GIS) and remote sensing during their university or TAFE studies and who is seeking to pursue a career in this field.
The applicant we are seeking will be enthusiastic and excited about the opportunity to commence their career in GIS mapping in a company that values the contribution of its employees and provides the necessary resources to be successful.
Travers bushfire & ecology utilise the ESRI ArcGIS platform and experience with this software will be highly regarded. We are however willing to provide further training and support to the right applicant to enable them to develop their existing skills.
Salary will be in accordance with industry standards and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
– Relevant tertiary qualifications, or soon to graduate with relevant tertiary qualifications
– Training in the operation of ArcGIS, QGIS and CAD software
– A high level of attention to detail
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Willingness and ability to acquire new skills
– A demonstrated interest in ecology, bushfire planning and / or environmental science
– The following will be highly regarded:
– Experience in spatial data integration, analysis and mapping using ArcGIS, QGIS and CAD desktop software
– Training in the manipulation of spatial data to and from a range of mediums e.g. CAD Mapinfo, CSV, KML & MS Excel
– Experience in managing and maintaining GPS units and software
– Applicants should provide a current CV with details of at least two recent referees, together with a written application addressing the essential and desirable criteria
– Applicants selected for interview will be required to bring copies of qualification certificates and examples of previous mapping
– A skills assessment will form part of the interview
– Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com by COB on 18 October 2017.