Job title: Mid-level Ecologist
Location: Thirroul preferred or other locations considered by negotiation
Work type: Permanent full-time
Salary: Will be negotiated with successful applicant
Ecoplanning is an environmental consultancy specialising in the provision of ecological, conservation planning and offset advice.
Since our inception in 2014, we have become a sought after advisor to many sectors including Commonwealth, State and Local Government, mining and development.
These successful working relationships have established Ecoplanning’s reputation as a knowledgeable and trustworthy consultancy, capable of guiding our clients through complex planning and offsetting processes, whilst providing value for money.
Due to our consistent and high-quality service, and expert advice, the demand for our services is increasing, resulting in an exciting opportunity for an Ecologist to Mid-level Ecologist to join us.
In this position, you will be a part of an experienced and fun-loving team. Your work will include field and office based tasks on a variety of ecology, offsetting and planning projects, which will require you to travel within NSW/ACT. Our staff are our greatest asset and you will contribute to Ecoplanning’s reputation for high quality work and positive office culture. We hope to develop our Ecologists at all levels to be the next industry leaders and trusted experts by working alongside our senior staff, and working on interesting and rewarding projects.
• A degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related discipline
• 2 to 5 years consulting experience in an environmental consultancy or similar
• Experience managing projects, budgets, teams and the expectations of clients and stakeholders
• Ability to travel and work in remote locations
• Ability to prepare fee proposals
• Ability to design, plan and conduct comprehensive ecological field surveys, including surveys in remote locations
• Understanding of State and Commonwealth legislation as it applies to biodiversity impact assessment and offsetting
• Ability to self-motivate and to deliver outcomes with competing priorities
• A willingness and capacity to work within a team environment and a positive and collaborative company culture to contribute to the professional development and growth of all staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
• A current driver licence (C Class)
• Alignment with the company values of respect, integrity, commitment, personal growth and team
• Honours or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
• A work history that closely aligns with the products and services offered by Ecoplanning
• Practical knowledge of Biodiversity Offsetting at State and Commonwealth level
• BAM accredited
• Strengths in botanical survey
• ArcGIS and Arc Collector competent
• Other relevant training, such as Provide First Aid, White Card, 4WD training, etc.
We appreciate and value our staff. We understand that the contributions our people make to the Ecoplanning team, the quality of their relationships with clients and the advice they provide, are integral to maintaining the company’s reputation and creating a healthy working environment.
Ecoplanning is always open to discussing employment opportunities with high calibre ecologists who align with our company values of respect, integrity, commitment, personal growth and team.
How to apply
Please forward your resume, along with a covering letter addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Ecoplanning or this position, please contact Bruce Mullins on 0497 888 225.