ReconEco has an exciting opportunity for an Ecologist to undertake interesting and rewarding ecological work in a friendly and flexible work environment.
ReconEco is seeking to appoint a mid-level or senior level consulting ecologist to form part of an expanding ecology team and help deliver high quality field surveys and reports. It is important for the successful candidate to be experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work independently (we are a small company of field ecologists and we aren’t always around) and as part of a team (sometimes we’re around!). It is essential that the candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce well-written correspondence and reports.
Main duties include:
* Field survey and subsequent report preparation for a variety of flora and fauna assessments;
* Preparation of a variety of environmental assessment and management reports including Biodiversity Assessment Reports (BAR), Reviews of Environmental Factors (REF) Vegetation Management Plans (VMP), and Construction and Environmental Management Plans (CEMP);
* Implementation of flora and fauna monitoring programmes including nest box installation and monitoring, and * IR camera monitoring;
* Project management from inception to report delivery including skills to produce quotations that are realistic in terms of both finances and timeframes; and
* Client and stakeholder liaison.
From You (Selection Criteria):
To be a successful applicant you will need the following qualifications/attributes:
* Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management with a terrestrial focus;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to produce clear and concise reports and correspondence;
* Strong botany skills with expertise in the identification of Northern NSW flora including rainforest species and threatened species;
* Experience in classification and mapping of vegetation communities using the NSW BioNet Vegetation Classification;
* Knowledge of threatened fauna, their habitat and management;
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in a consulting ecology position (or industry equivalent) with relevant experience in the production of the aforementioned BARs, REFs, CEMPs, VMPs etc;
* BAM accreditation;
* Thorough knowledge of NSW and Federal environmental legislation as it relates to the delivery of robust ecological field assessments and associated reports;
* Ability to create and manage project budgets effectively and meet deadlines;
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
* Strong GIS/mapping skills;
* NSW driver’s licence;
* Current first aid certificate; and
* Willingness to travel to perform duties.
* BAM accreditation;
* Knowledge of NSW Northern Tablelands flora including threatened species;
* 4wd experience/training;
* Quadbike experience/training; and
* Firearms Licence.
If you would like to work for a small, professional company and be part of a close-knit team working on a diversity of interesting projects, please forward your application (resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria) to email@example.com (Attn: Craig) before 5pm 13-September-2021.
Important Information: We appreciate the time and effort it takes to submit your application. In return, we review each and every applicant that address the selection criteria.
Your email should reference “Ecologist (Mid-Level / Senior)” in the subject line.