Mid Level to Senior Botanist/Ecologist – NSW
• Full time role based at Parramatta or Wollongong, or other NSW location by negotiation
• Minimum 5 years consulting experience; accredited BAM Assessor preferred
• Attractive salary package and remote working
Niche is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic mid-level to senior Botanist/Ecologist who preferably is an accredited Biodiversity Assessment Methodology Assessor or who has the capacity to quickly become accredited. This position is being offered on a full-time and ongoing basis.
We are seeking someone with more than 5 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry. Ideally you will have a professional focus and demonstrated experience with ecological management, including BAM assessments. Key attributes we are seeking from candidates include:
• Tertiary qualification, preferably a degree in ecology, botany or science.
• A minimum of 5 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
• Accredited BAM Assessor (desirable).
• Experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW.
• Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
• Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team of professionals.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including technical report writing.
• The ability to establish and maintain a core customer base through strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service.
• Competence with technology including experience with using: GPS and DGPS; tablet and laptop computers; smart-phones; digital cameras; and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
• A full current driver’s licence and able to drive a manual vehicle.
An attractive salary package will be offered commensurate with level of experience. A position description is available at niche-eh.com/employment/
To request a copy of the position description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send your CV and cover letter detailing any particular experience you see relevant to the position to email@example.com before Friday 9 March 2018.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with the right to work in Australia only need apply.