Project Management Administrator – Sydney (12 month contract)
Biosis is looking to appoint a Project Management Administrator to join our team in Sydney. You will be expected to provide administrative and project management support to the consulting team and senior management across our Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle offices (note: the role will be based in our Sydney
Our Sydney office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a short walk from Redfern or Green Square Train Station. This provides access to all the services of Sydney without the hassle of traffic and parking. The role will require occasional travel to Newcastle and Wollongong, for which travel costs will be covered.
The Project Management Administrator is a great development role for new graduates looking to progress into a career in consulting or candidates getting back into the workforce. Offering the opportunity to work closely with the Operation’s Manager – NSW to support the successful delivery of projects across NSW, this role is a great entry point into environmental consulting and project management. The role provides opportunities for further development, both as a Biosis employee and environmental consultant, for the right candidate.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
• Assist senior management and other senior staff with project and non-project related
• Project management administration for NSW consultant team.
• Conduct planning and organisational tasks in order to coordinate the work of others.
• Undertake maintenance and organisation of the project management database.
• Develop and maintain internal project management systems.
• Undertake logistical support, planning and administration for projects.
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budget tracking spreadsheets and the invoicing of projects as required.
• Assist in the preparation of ecology and heritage field surveys as required.
• Assist with proposal preparation and tender applications.
• Support others in implementing sales actions while being involved in an appropriate level of personal sales work.
To be considered for this role, candidates must satisfy the following selection criteria: Key selection criteria
• Experience in logistics, administration and project management preferably in consultancy.
• Strong written communication skills including report and proposal writing.
• Well-developed time management skills.
• Experience in database management.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated planning and organisational skills and ability to coordinate team work.
• Clear, concise and effective communication skills and the ability to think on your feet and problem solve.
• Competency with MS word, excel, outlook, and/or similar software packages.
• A current manual driver’s license.
Desirable selection criteria
• A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. environmental science, ecology, archaeology, planning).
• Some experience working in ecology, heritage and environmental approvals or within a consulting environment.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS and accounts, an experienced team and a supportive work culture. We will provide the successful applicant with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional development allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
• Employee reward and recognition program.
• Flexible work arrangements.
• Mentoring and training program.
• Study assistance.
• Employee assistance program.
• Social activities.
• Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
A position description is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au
How to apply:
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Amy Byrne at email@example.com.
Please include the following with your application:
• Your contact details (postal address and contact phone number).
• A current resume with at least two referees.
• A cover letter addressing the selection criteria, with examples that clearly demonstrate your achievements in relation to each criterion (half to full page for each response).
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 12 March 2018
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.