Senior Botanist – AMBS Ecology & Heritage Pty Ltd, Sydney, NSW
The world needs more good botanists, and so does AMBS. If you can identify plants, the PCTs they belong to, have experience in the industry, are interested in a combination of field and office work and mentoring up-and-coming botanists of future excellence, then we are interested in you.
We are looking for an individual with:
• at least 7 years’ experience in roles utilising botanical skills;
• excellent plant identification skills;
• ability to assign Plant Community Types or equivalent classification systems to vegetation assemblages;
• excellent report writing skills;
• well-developed project management skills;
• ability to deal with a range of clients, colleagues and regulatory authorities with professionalism and integrity;
• current driver’s licence.
Skills and attributes that will be well-regarded are experience in the ecological consulting industry, BAM accreditation, understanding of relevant legislation, and experience with GIS applications and/or data analysis for the purposes of vegetation classification and mapping.
If you wish to apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include:
• a full curricula vitae, including referees.
• a statement briefly addressing each of the key criteria.
Enquiries about the position can be made to email@example.com or by calling 02 9518 4489. All applications and enquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications close: 16 August, 2020 (applications that meet all the criteria may be considered before that date).