AMBS Ecology & Heritage Pty Ltd
The world needs more botanists, and so does AMBS. If you can identify plants, the PCTs they belong to, have experience in the industry, are interested in a combination of field and office work and mentoring up-and-coming botanists of future excellence, then we are interested in you.
We are looking for an individual with:
- at least 7 years’ experience in roles utilising botanical skills;
- excellent plant identification skills;
- ability to assign Plant Community Types or equivalent classification systems to vegetation assemblages;
- excellent report writing skills;
- well-developed project management skills;
- ability to deal with a range of clients, colleagues and regulatory authorities with professionalism and integrity;
- current driver’s licence.
Skills and attributes that will be well-regarded are experience in the ecological consulting industry, BAM accreditation, understanding of relevant legislation, and experience with GIS applications and/or data analysis for the purposes of vegetation classification and mapping.
AMBS is a highly regarded and independent business providing services in ecology, Aboriginal heritage and historic heritage. Our ecological work includes flora and fauna surveys, vegetation mapping, flora, fauna and habitat monitoring, ecological impact assessments, Biodiversity Assessment Methodology (BAM) reports, and preparation and implementation of flora and fauna management plans.
Our work is undertaken across NSW in a variety of landscapes. We service a range of industries including environmental agencies, mining, construction, biodiversity management, and State and local government.
We provide an excellent and supportive working environment, a great team of people, support for professional development, and good remuneration.
If you wish to apply, please email your application to email@example.com. Your application should include:
- a full curricula vitae, including referees;
- a statement briefly addressing the key criteria.
Enquiries about the position can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and enquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Applications close: 3 October, 2021.