Eco Logical have an opportunity for Senior Botanists to join our team in a variety of locations on the east coast.
As a Senior Botanist, you will primarily be involved in undertaking work on a variety of projects in the fields of Biodiversity Assessment, conservation assessment and project delivery. Your specialist technical skills will be utilised to lead teams of ecologist to undertake field work in a variety of landscapes, delivering high quality projects to our clients.
You will be involved in developing vegetation maps for natural resource management agencies, undertaking baseline survey and monitoring, as well as training and mentoring junior staff in the technical aspects of botany.
There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other environmental experts, share your expertise and mentor ecologists.
You will have:
• A degree or higher in ecology, botany or Environmental Science or related discipline or substantial experience in lieu of higher graduate qualification
• A high level of experience in botanical survey and assessment, including strong plant identification skills
• An ability to classify and map vegetation types to industry standard classification systems
• The ability to undertake field survey in various environments
• Current driver’s license including 4WD experience
• Good communication skills
Ideally you will have (not compulsory):
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation
• Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) accreditation
• Project management experience
• Client relationship management experience
• Previous professional services consulting experience
If you are interested, please visit the careers page of our website (www.ecoaus.com.au) for information on how to apply.