Do you love all things Green?
Then we want you!
Are you looking for somewhere to grow and develop your budding talents? This will be the opportunity for you!
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, have several exciting development opportunities for an experienced Senior Ecologist to join our team of dynamic and highly respected environmental professionals.
This role will primarily involve undertaking work on a variety of projects in the fields of environmental impact assessment, biobanking assessment, conservation assessment and project delivery. You will use all of your great project management and specialist technical skills to deliver high quality products to many clients. Additionally you will have opportunity to train junior staff and help build the capacity in the Sydney Metropolitan Ecology team.
The successful candidates must have:
• An honours degree or higher in Environmental Science or related discipline or substantial experience in lieu of higher graduate qualification;
• A high level of experience in botanical survey and assessment;
• An ability to classify vegetation types to industry standard classification systems
• Experience in ecology and flora survey, preferably in Sydney Basin Bioregion;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to build and nurture client relationships, manage simultaneous projects, work within a budget and meet deadlines;
• Practical and working knowledge and understanding of relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation;
• The ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time; and,
• Current driver’s license.
It is also desirable that candidates:
• Have consulting experience;
• Be an accredited biobanking assessor
• Have an understanding of practical bush regeneration techniques; and
• GIS skills (preferably in ArcGIS) for map production or spatial analysis.
In addition to the opportunity to work all over Australia on interesting projects with great clients, a fantastic culture and awesome work environment with like-minded colleagues, we offer our successful candidates:
• Study assistance (financial and time off) for those completing further studies
• Flexible work patterns to balance work and family responsibilities
• Birthday leave
• Generous paid maternity and paternity leave
• Professional development
• Opportunity to work with the best in industry.
If this sounds like you and you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop please forward your application to Emma Newman, Human Resources Coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business Monday 1st May 2017. For further information about the position, please contact Emma Newman, Human Resources Coordinator on 02 8536 8638.
For further information please view the position description on our website www.ecoaus.com.au/careers.