Senior Ecologist – Canberra or Southern NSW
About the role:
With the continued success of our Canberra office, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join our talented team. Canberra is our preferred location however applications from candidates across the broader Southern NSW region will be considered.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the ACT and surrounding NSW regions, and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients. You will mentor and be supported by a small team of excellent and friendly ecologists.
The role will involve flora and fauna assessments, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We work on a variety of interesting and engaging projects across a range of sectors including Government, renewable energy, mining, urban development, and infrastructure. Importantly, we seek to get the best outcomes for the environment and the project and work on many opportunities not available to most consultancies.
We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for ecology, environmental management, legislative knowledge, and your well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
• Between five to ten years’ ecological consulting experience (preferably in ACT or NSW)
• BAM assessor accreditation
• Working knowledge of ACT, NSW, and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Strong ACT and NSW fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Experience in planning, coordinating, and undertaking ecological fieldwork
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Current driver’s licence.
It is also desirable that candidates have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and GIS software.
We will offer you:
An opportunity to shape your dream job and a competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including: study assistance (to undertake further post grad studies), professional development supported by budgets for inhouse technical training and or conference attendance, industry association memberships, paid birthday leave, opportunity to salary sacrifice into superannuation or purchase additional weeks of annual leave, paid parental leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application (including a cover letter addressing the above criteria) to Donna Barlow, HR Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15 September 2021.
For further information about the position, please contact Anne Gibson, Manager, Southern NSW, on 0410 137 301.