Senior Ecologist – Newcastle
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
About the role:
With the continued success of our Newcastle office we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join our talented team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across northern and western NSW and assist in delivering innovative biodiversity management and conservation planning solutions to our clients.
The role will involve flora and fauna surveys, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We work on a variety of interesting and engaging projects across a range of sectors including Government, renewable energy, mining, urban development and infrastructure. Importantly, we seek to get the best outcomes for the environment and the project and work on many opportunities not available to most consultancies.
We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your ecological expertise and broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for biodiversity management, field ecology skills, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Ecology or related discipline
• Prior experience in ecological consulting experience (five to ten years as a guide)
• BAM assessor accreditation
• Working knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
• Exceptional fauna and/or flora species knowledge and identification skills
• Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating and undertaking ecological fieldwork on large scale projects
• Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
• Strong project, budget, and client management skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and GIS software
• Current driver’s licence.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, paid birthday leave, loads of health and wellbeing initiatives and an opportunity to salary sacrifice to purchase additional leave or make extra contributions into super
How to apply:
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application (including a cover letter addressing the above criteria) to Donna Barlow, HR Coordinator, via email firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business Tuesday 27 July 2020.
For further information about the position please contact Sophie Powrie, Newcastle Office Manager, on 02 4910 3410.