Location: Bulli or by negotiation
Work type: Permanent full-time preferred
Salary: a salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant
Ecoplanning is an environmental consultancy based in the Illawarra and Sydney regions. Ecoplanning is currently offering a high-level position of Senior Ecologist to provide leadership, technical advice and quality services to staff and clients. The successful applicant will be required to act with integrity, to be self-motivated and represent the company values. You will take a lead role in strategic and innovative projects, and will have the opportunity to work with and learn from highly experienced and respected senior staff. As part of the senior team at Ecoplanning, you will contribute to the development of other staff and help make Ecoplanning a great place to work. We offer flexible working hours, as we understand that life doesn’t always revolve around a 9am-5pm routine.
Essential selection criteria
• A degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in environmental consulting.
• Experience managing projects, budgets, teams and the expectations of clients and stakeholders.
• The ability to prepare fee proposals and a history of winning projects.
• Able to design, plan and conduct ecological field surveys, including surveys in remote locations.
• Understanding of State and Commonwealth legislation as it applies to biodiversity impact assessment and offsetting, and capacity to advise clients on their legal position pertaining to these laws.
• Self-motivated and innovative thinker who is able to prioritise and deliver multiple tasks.
• A person who values teamwork and a positive and collaborative company culture.
• Willingness and capacity to contribute to the professional development and growth of all staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Computer literate.
• A current driver licence (C Class).
• Alignment with the company values of respect, integrity, commitment, personal growth and team.
Desirable selection criteria
• An honours or post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
• A work history that closely aligns with the products and services offered by Ecoplanning.
• Practical knowledge of the Biodiversity Offsetting at State and Commonwealth level.
• Biobanking and/or BAM accredited.
• Strengths in botanical survey.
• ArcGIS competent.
• Other relevant training, such as Apply first aid training, White Card, 4WD training, Rail Worker etc.
Questions about Ecoplanning and the position should be directed to Bruce Mullins (0497 888 225), Lucas McKinnon (0421 603 549) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who wish to apply for the position, please send a letter responding to the selection criteria, an outline of your claim for the position and a CV to email@example.com, with “Application for Senior Ecologist” in the subject line. Applications close Friday 19 July 2019.
For more information on Ecoplanning go to www.ecoplanning.com.au