Senior Ecologist (Fauna)
Summary of Position
- Lead ecological and general environmental projects;
- Provide high quality, technical reports to a broad range of clients with both the private sector and all levels of government;
- Manage project budgets, team logistics and maintain relationships with your clients;
- Develop junior staff through providing guidance, training, feedback and professional support;
- Provide high level input into proposal and tender preparation documents;
- Represent Kleinfelder at client and other external meetings including conferences, community meetings and project inception meetings;
- Undertake site work competently and safely complying with relevant H&S requirement including internal KLF and external client procedures
- Report to the Principal Ecologist, based in our Newcastle office
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science (ecology), science, natural resource management or a related discipline;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience undertaking fauna ecology work (including a minimum 3 years’ experience in environmental consulting), preferably with experience in NSW and/or the Hunter Valley;
- Project management experience;
- Extensive technical knowledge and skills relating to fauna ecology including Anabat (or equivalent) analysis, trapping techniques, and hair identification;
- Practical knowledge of work health and safety policies and procedures, risk management practice and principles;
- Ability to travel and spend periods away for fieldwork;
- Excellent communication and computer literacy skills;
- An ability to work effectively on multiple projects at a time and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Physical fitness, self-motivation and ability to function in a team environment;
- Willingness to work flexible hours (especially during field surveys) and ability to travel to locations throughout Australia;
- Strong attention to detail and company values; and
- A strong work ethic.
- Post-graduate degree in related discipline; and
- Accredited BioBanking assessor.
Successful applicants must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: You will only be contacted if your application is short listed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Applications that do not address the essential criteria will not be considered.
Applications close 19 August 2016
0429 484 088