RPS is looking to appoint a Senior Ecologist or Botanist to their team on a permanent basis. With the role based in Sydney or Newcastle we are seeking an energetic team member with experience working across NSW in varying landscapes.
You will be tasked with project delivery to a budget and timeframe as well as all relevant local, state, and federal legislative requirements. The role includes building and maintaining client relationships and will be involved in hands on flora and fauna related targeted threatened species surveys, plant and plant community type identification, impact assessments, and research and monitoring programs primarily in the land development, infrastructure and mining sectors. You will hit the ground running with an established workload and existing client base, that will enable you to:
• Deliver environmental solutions on major development and infrastructure projects; and
• Develop your project management skills within a consultancy setting to work on impact assessments,
management plans, flora and fauna monitoring and natural area management.
• Capability to autonomously generate plant species lists;
• The skills necessary to identify and delineate vegetation communities and align them with plant community types;
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications in either Botany, Ecology, Environmental Science and/or other related
• 7+ years demonstrated experience in a combination of office and field work;
• Sound knowledge of environmental legislation and approval processes;
• Communication and presentation skills;
• Willingness to travel;
• Proven experience in proposal development and working as part of a team; and
• Preferably the successful candidate will be a Biodiversity Assessment Methodology (BAM) Accredited Person.
If interested, please follow this link & complete our online application form today: