OzArk Environmental & Heritage Management Pty Limited (OzArk) is a leading regionally based environmental assessment consultancy, working throughout NSW from offices in Dubbo, Queanbeyan and Brisbane.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Ecologist to join our dynamic environmental and heritage assessment team. The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of project management as well as having the opportunity to actively participate in business development.
In this role you will be collaborating in a small specialised team on a wide range of projects including biodiversity impact assessments, ecological monitoring, reviews of environmental factors, biodiversity management plans, CEMPs and tendering. Our project sectors include mining and extractive industries, public infrastructure, rural land development, as well as some research projects.
This role would ideally be based in our Dubbo office and will include fieldwork across NSW.
To be considered for this role you require:
• A degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or related discipline with good academic results;
• BioBanking accreditation and experience in biodiversity offsetting;
• A minimum of 8-10 years of post-graduate experience in environmental consulting or the public sector;
• High level skills in ecological field survey design and implementation;
• Sound flora and fauna identification skills;
• Demonstrable understanding of impact assessment in accordance with state and federal legislation;
• Sound written and oral communication skills;
• High level computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and GIS;
• Proven ability in working to deadlines and capacity to handle multiple projects; and
• High level interpersonal skills including relationship development capacity with team, clients and all relevant stakeholders.
Desirable skills / abilities include:
• A willingness and ability to teach and mentor other team members as needed;
• Wildlife handling experience;
• A strong work ethic; and
• Have a current valid unrestricted manual driver licence and 4WD off-road experience.
It is assumed that the successful applicant will have a demonstrated record of providing ethical and professional advice to clients as well as having the ability to approach projects with a creative, collaborative and pragmatic mindset. OzArk values our staff highly and we strive to ensure that our working culture is balanced, supportive and energetic. For the right candidate, we will be offering an attractive salary / vehicle package, as well as opportunities for professional and business development.
If you believe that you meet the requirements, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter, CV and a copy of your qualifications. Applications close 3 April 2017. All applications and enquiries will be treated strictly confidential. For more information about OzArk please visit our website www.ozarkehm.com.au