Biosis is looking to appoint a Senior Zoologist to join our team in the Sydney office. You will be expected to become an integral member of the ecology team in Sydney and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
Our Sydney office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. Providing access to all the services of Sydney without the hassle of traffic and parking.
We are seeking a Senior Zoologist with extensive field experience in zoology and highly capable of providing sound environmental advice and guidance to our clients. Your responsibilities will include participating in, conducting and managing projects, and the production of technical
reports. Additional duties will include; survey design and implementation, proposal writing, sales and establishing a profile in the professional community as a Senior Zoologist.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications in ecology or zoology.
• A minimum of five years zoological experience, preferably in consultancy or the public sector.
• Strong fauna identification skills, with experience in NSW.
• Strong report writing and proposal writing skills.
• Knowledge of Commonwealth and State legislation with regard to ecology.
• Strong experience with field survey design and implementation.
• Experience in client liaison and consultation.
• Experience in sales and business development including proposal preparation and client
• Competency with computer programs and software such as MS word, excel, outlook, and/or similar
• A current manual driver’s license is a must along with a keen desire to be part of a team of specialist consultants.
• Experience with project management, including budgets.
• Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in flora and fauna assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide you
with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance. As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added
Some of these benefits include:
• Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
• Flexible work arrangements.
• Mentoring and training program.
• Study assistance.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Social activities.
• Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a permanent position and is best suited to individuals with a passion for zoology and looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a
covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Amy Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org
A position description is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 12 March 2018
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.