ArcGIS Mapping Specialist
Travers bushfire & ecology is a specialist consultancy based on the NSW Central Coast (Mt
Penang Parklands, Kariong) specialising in bushfire and ecosystems management.
We are seeking an ArcGIS Mapping Specialist to join our team in either a full time capacity
or part time for a minimum of four (4) days per week. Travers bushfire & ecology use the
ESRI ArcGIS platform.
The position is responsible for the provision of GIS support, mapping and spatial analysis
services to ecology, environmental management and bushfire projects. Tasks involve data
creation, data management, analysis, map production and other outputs.
– Work with ecologists, botanists and bushfire staff in the preparation of highly
– Coordination and acquisition of new spatial data and supervising the integration into
the organisation’s GIS system;
– Manipulation and translation of spatial data to and from a range of mediums (CAD,
MapInfo, CSV, KML and Microsoft Excel) into ArcGIS format;
– Undertake quality assurance of all projects, both figure presentation and data
– Relevant tertiary qualification in GIS, computer science or information technology;
– Experience in spatial information platforms, such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and CAD
– Demonstrated experience in working with, managing and maintaining complex
– Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems experienced within GIS and related
– Well developed written and oral communication skills;
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
– Effective time management skills and ability to manage a busy workload.
The following will be highly regarded:
– Experience in managing and maintaining GPS units and software;
– Previous experience in ecology, bushfire planning, and/or environmental science.
– Applicants should provide a current CV with details of at least 2 recent referees and a
written application addressing the essential and desirable criteria
– Applicants invited to an interview will be required to bring copies of qualification
certificates and examples of previous mapping
– Short-listed applicants may undergo a skills assessment and medical assessment
– Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB
Wednesday 17 May 2017
Salary Range: $52,000 – $58,000 plus superannuation, dependent upon level of experience