Zoologist – 12 month contract (Sydney)
Biosis is looking to appoint a Zoologist to join our team in our Sydney office. You will be expected to become an integral member of the ecology team and be a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
Our Sydney office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. Providing access to all the services of Sydney without the hassle of traffic and parking.
We are seeking a zoologist with technical field skills and experience in field zoology, project management skills and capability of providing environmental advice and guidance to our clients. Your responsibilities will include participating in, conducting and managing projects, and the production of technical reports. Additional duties will include; survey design and implementation, proposal writing, project management, marketing and establishing a profile in the professional community as a zoologist.
To be considered for this role, candidates must satisfy the following key selection criteria:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications with a strength in zoology.
• A minimum of two years ecological experience in either a consultancy or the public sector
• An understanding of Commonwealth and NSW legislation with regard to ecology.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Experience in managing projects, with consulting projects viewed favourably. This includes project scoping, proposal writing, financial management and project resourcing.
• Experience with field survey design and implementation.
• Competency with computer programs and electronic field data collection technology. You will have experience in standard programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• A current manual driver’s license.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS and accounts, an experienced team in ecological assessment and a supportive work culture. We will provide the successful applicant with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits.
As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits, some of these benefits include:
• Flexible work arrangements
• Mentoring and training program
• Study assistance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Sporting sponsorships
• Social activities
• Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12 month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to an individual with a passion for ecology and looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687. To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Amy Byrne, email@example.com
A position description is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 12 March 2018
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.