Job title: Mid to Senior Level Ecologist
Location: Thirroul or by negotiation
Work type: Permanent full-time preferred
Salary: Will be negotiated with the successful applicant
An increase in ecological monitoring projects has resulted in an opportunity for a new mid to senior level ecologist to join Ecoplanning. The successful applicant will be required to take a leadership role in sourcing and managing strategic and innovative projects, working with and learning from highly experienced and respected staff, and mentoring the next generation of ecologists.
Essential selection criteria
• A degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Conservation Biology or related discipline
• Experience managing projects, budgets, teams and the expectations of clients and stakeholders
• The ability to prepare fee proposals
• The ability to design, plan and conduct ecological field surveys, including surveys in remote locations
• Understanding of State and Commonwealth legislation as it applies to biodiversity impact assessment and
• The ability to self-motivate and to deliver outcomes with competing priorities
• A willingness and capacity to work within a team environment and a positive and collaborative company culture to contribute to the professional development and growth of all staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
• A current driver licence (C Class)
• Alignment with the company values of respect, integrity, commitment, personal growth and team
Desirable selection criteria
• An honours or post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
• A work history that closely aligns with the products and services offered by Ecoplanning
• Practical knowledge of Biodiversity Offsetting at State and Commonwealth level
• BAM accredited
• Strengths in botanical survey
• ArcGIS competent
• Other relevant training, such as Provide First Aid, White Card, 4WD training, etc.
Questions about Ecoplanning and the position should be directed to Bruce Mullins (0497 888 225), Lucas McKinnon (0421 603 549) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who wish to apply for the position, please send a letter responding to the selection criteria, an outline of your claim for the position and a CV to email@example.com, with “Application for Mid to Senior level Ecologist” in the subject line.
Applications close Friday 18 September 2020.
For more information on Ecoplanning go to www.ecoplanning.com.au