Sydney or Newcastle, NSW
AMBS Ecology & Heritage is seeking an experienced botanist. We have an excellent opportunity for the right person.
We are looking for an individual with:
• at least 10 years’ experience;
• excellent plant identification skills;
• ability to assign Plant Community Types or equivalent classification systems to vegetation assemblages;
• well-developed report writing skills;
• ability to independently manage projects and to manage work on simultaneous projects;
• ability to deal with a range of clients, colleagues and regulatory authorities with professionalism and integrity;
• current driver’s licence.
Criteria that are not essential, but will be well-regarded, include experience in the ecological consulting industry, understanding of relevant legislation, BAM accreditation or willingness to obtain it and experience with GIS applications and/or data analysis. The ideal candidate will also have the willingness and ability to undertake fieldwork in remote locations.
AMBS staff enjoy a flexible work environment, support for professional development, competitive remuneration, a combination of field and office-based work and a terrific team of people. If you are an experienced botanist who would prefer to work with a small team of enthusiastic people, this job is for you.
If you wish to apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include:
• A full curricula vitae, including referees.
• A statement briefly addressing each of the key criteria.
Enquiries about the position can be made to the same address or by calling Glenn Muir on 0422 003 017. All applications and enquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Applications close: 10 November 2019