RPS is looking to appoint a Senior Botanist / Ecologist to their team on a permanent basis. With the role based in Newcastle we are seeking an energetic team member with experience working across NSW in varying landscapes, ideally in some key areas including; coastal NSW, the Hunter Valley, the Western Slopes and Western Blue Mountains.
You will be tasked with project delivery to a budget and timeframe as well as all relevant local, state, and federal legislative requirements. The role includes building and maintaining client relationships and will be involved in hands on flora and fauna related targeted threatened species surveys, plant and plant community type identification, impact assessments, and research and monitoring programs primarily in the land development, infrastructure and mining sectors.
You will hit the ground running with an established workload and existing client base, that will enable you to:
• Deliver environmental solutions on major development and infrastructure projects; and
• Develop your project management skills within a consultancy setting to work on impact assessments,
management plans, flora and fauna monitoring and natural area management.
To be considered for this role, you will require:
• Capability to autonomously generate plant species lists of a high standard.
• The skills necessary to identify and delineate vegetation communities and align them with plant
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications in either Botany, Ecology, Environmental Science and/or other related
• 7+ years demonstrated experience in a combination of office and field work;
• Sound knowledge of environmental legislation and approval processes;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Willingness to travel;
• Proven experience in proposal development and working as part of a team; and
• Preferably the successful candidate will be a Biodiversity Assessment Methodology (BAM) Accredited Person.
In return, RPS are offering you excellent career opportunities, an attractive remuneration package and a diverse range of projects. This opportunity will provide you with a chance to demonstrate your passion and knowledge for the environment. The large team of highly skilled and passionate RPS ecologists (including BAM Accredited Persons) can provide excellent mentoring opportunities on a number of Major Projects and research and monitoring programs.
This position will allow you to continue to develop your already well-developed knowledge and experience within the environmental field whilst being recognised as a key contributor to various existing and future projects in NSW.
Please apply via this link: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/RPS1/743999659115033-senior-ecologist-botanist