AMBS Ecology & Heritage is seeking an experienced ecologist with a background in botanical surveys and/or bush regeneration.
The role will involve both field and office work. You will be working on a range of projects including biodiversity surveys, biodiversity monitoring, ecological impact assessments, and flora and fauna management.
Specific tasks will include flora surveys, plant identification, vegetation mapping, recommending vegetation management and mitigation measures, preparing technical reports and fee proposals, developing client relationships and mentoring junior staff.
We are seeking an individual with:
• appropriate tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience;
• at least 7 years’ experience in botanical/ecological work;
• a high level of skill in flora surveys and vegetation mapping;
• ability to prepare high quality technical reports;
• good understanding of relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation;
• ability to liaise effectively with clients and stakeholders;
• ability to manage work on simultaneous projects;
• Australian residency;
• driver’s licence.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a current resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Enquiries about the position can be made to the same address.