Ecological Consultants in NSW
The establishment of a Certified Practicing Ecological Consultant (CPEC) scheme is being led by the Ecological Consultants Association of NSW Inc., with input from the Office of Environment & Heritage. Its primary objectives are to:
- Facilitate professional recognition for those involved in ecological assessment;
- Establish a high standard of practicing ecological assessment in NSW;
- Provide planning authorities and communities with a high level of confidence in ecological assessments prepared by CPEC; and
- Promote the development of a viable ecological survey and assessment industry.
A Certified Practicing Ecological Consultant (CPEC) will be recognised by the industry, government authorities and the community as ethical, experienced, respected within the industry, licenced and insured.
To qualify to become a CPEC you will be required to meet the requisite competency criteria:
- Have at least five years of consulting experience in a relevant ecological field during the past 10 years.
- Commit to ongoing professional development (Information Sheet 1: Ongoing Professional Development) and demonstrate commitment to maintaining an appropriate understanding of current and scientifically robust ecological assessment methodologies.
- Demonstrate that you are respected by peers within the ecological consulting industry by the provision of two recommendations from full members of the ECA NSW, and two from within the applicant’s area(s) of particular interest.
- Provide a written statement of 500 words outlining your career achievements and particular ecological interests. (Attendance at a meeting with the review panel maybe requested on a case by case basis).
- Provide evidence of appropriate licences and approvals to undertake ecological work in NSW and carry Professional Indemnity Insurance applicable for your area of consulting.
- Be willing to Sign the ECA (NSW) Code of Business Practice, Professional Conduct and Ethics and to uphold the beliefs as set out in these documents.
Current Eligible Applicants
The following is a list of current applicants who have applied to become Certified Practising Ecological Consultants by the CPEC Panel. The names of these applicants will be displayed here for a period of 30 days, during which time public submissions may be made on the proposed certification of these applicants. All submissions will remain confidential. After consideration of any public submissions the CPEC Panel will decide which applicants are deemed certified.
- no current public listings
Applications Close for next review: 30 September 2018
Date of next Review: 15th October 2018
The following documents are available for Download:
- ECA CERTIFICATION SCHEME – Document 1
- CPEC Application Information – Document 2 – 2018
- CPEC Information Sheet 1 – Professional Development – document 3
- CPEC Information sheet 2 – Conduct and Disciplinary Regulations and Procedures-Document 5
- CPEC APPLICATION 2018
- CPEC APPLICATION 2018 – WORD
- Code of Ethics
If you have comments or questions contact ECA Administration email@example.com